Whattup, everybody! No, I'm not gone (alhamdulillah). It's been eons, hasn't it? Just been busy with life - same as always!
I recently came across a Brazilian website called Tudo Gostoso and I found a recipe for a lemon pie that is uh... Mama mia! Amazing! I couldn't help but to come back here and share it with you. It's my duty! Oh, did I forget to mention how easy it is to make the whole thing? I'm in love with it... :P
All right, enough talking! Let's get down to the good stuff!
FOR THE DOUGH (STEP #1)
- 2 yolks
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs milk
- 1 tbs baking power
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
FOR THE LEMON FILLING (STEP #2)
- 395g sweet condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
FOR THE MERINGUE (STEP #3)
- 2 egg whites
- 5 tbs sugar
- Lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to about 175° C (347° F)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yolks, the butter, the sugar and the milk. As you're doing it, gradually add in the flour (until it gets thick enough so you can roll it out). Then add in the baking powder.
- Spread it out in a (non-stick) pie mold pan or tray. Don't forget to press firmly into the recipient and up the sides.
- Place the tray into the oven and let it bake for about 15 min. (or until golden brown).
- Mix the lemon juice with the condensed milk in a blender for about 10 min.
- Pour it into the baked pastry shell (after it cools down a little).
- Whip the egg whites along with the sugar until foamy. After that, you can also add a few lemon drops to the mixture if you want (it'll make it creamy).
- Spread it over the pie and sprinkle lemon zest to give it a nice look.
- (Optional) - IF you want it to get a bit stiffer, take it to the oven again and let it bake for a few more minutes, but BE CAREFUL! You don't want to burn your pie, do you? I personally tend to avoid this one in order to err on the side of caution. But if you're a good cook, just go ahead and do it without any fear.
There you have it! Quick and easy!
Let me know how yours turned out in the comments below. :)